Monday, December 15, 2008

Do you use Product?

Don't you think it's kinda funny how hairdressers always use the word product? "What product do you use on your hair?" "Can I show you some product I like?" I mean, I use the word, but I have always thought it was kinda strange. Like I'm trying to be someone I'm not. Do you guys feel that way or is it just me? It might just be me, Ha!

Anyways on to today's question: What hair product works well for curling and straightening?

Answer: First I'll start off with curling. I have naturally curly hair myself and I swear by Catwalk Curls Rock booster and Curls Rock amplifier. As soon as I get out of the shower, I will towel dry my hair just a bit, but not too much. (For curly hair you still want quite a bit of moisture in it before you put product in so it doesn't start to dry and get frizzy.) Then I will apply the Curls Rock amplifier. I just do one squirt, rub together with my hands and apply it all over my hair. (You don't need to scrunch your hair at this point, just make sure you saturated your hair pretty well.) Then I take the Booster and turn my head upside down and spray it all over while scrunching my hair. Don't use too much booster, or you'll get the crunchy feel. Then I diffuse my hair while my head is still upside down. It works great! It's the best product I've found for curly hair, and I've tried a lot!

Now, for straightening. I really like TIGI S Factor Smoothing Lusterizer. You apply it while your hair is wet. It's great because not only does it control frizz and fly aways, it also adds shine and is a heat protectant. It's like a two one! It works great and smells great too! And for a finishing touch after your hair is dry try Bed Head's After Party. It leaves your hair looking smooth and shiny and feeling so soft. Love it.

You can find these products at Peerless Beauty supply, Sally's Beauty, or a local salon that carries Catwalk, Bed Head, or TIGI hair product.

These products have really worked for me. So try them out and let me know how you like them, or leave a comment about your favorite "product."

<3 Stef

3 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

I would leave a comment about my fav "product" but those are mine too! I use the exact same thing for my curly, and for my straight...crazy! Also, my favorite Hair Spray is Bed Head Masterpiece...perfect hold that is not too crunchy, and adds shine! yeah!

Emily said...

thanks for answering my question. i'll have to look for those the next time i run out of the products i currently have (which will be soon!). i do love after party though. great finisher. :)

Meliss said...

I feel so sneaky reading these tips! Like they're too good to be true or something. Thank you so much for sharing your curly hair tips! We both know how husbands love the curls, but I feel like mine is too limp/scrunchy and not very curly so I never do it. But I just bought the booster and amplifier and I'm excited to try them. Jason will be so happy! :)